.....and other random stuff......

Saturday, November 27, 2010

in my head i have a list

in my head i have this list. of things i never thought i’d say. i add to this list periodically.



it all started when the boys were little and i said ‘don’t run in the house.’ of course being a relatively new mommy i didn’t know you had to add ‘and don’t skip, hop, jump, twirl, roll, etc.’ you get the idea.


as the years have passed ‘things i never thought would come out of my mouth’ has grown to include not only silly, funny, weird, gross, and improbable, but now i’ve dipped into startling.


and it’s not such an unusual thing to say, it’s just that it startles me every time.


it startles me to state my age. i’m not sure why this phenomenon occurs, except that i don’t think i ever expected to BE this age. it’s not particularly old, and i don’t mind being this age.


it just startles me every time i hear the words come out of my mouth.


So now i have another thing to add to the ‘list.’

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments!