.....and other random stuff......

Friday, March 11, 2011

Why I love Google

Are you a member of the look it up club? (I’m gonna show my age here, lol.)
When I was growing up, clubs were ‘in’. The Mickey Mouse club, special secret clubs with decoder rings (Captain Midnight, Dick Tracy, the Hornet…..) Everyone was a member so why it was considered a secret escaped me.

My parents jumped on this band wagon. We were members of the ‘look it up club’.
 
We had a full set encyclopedia with yearly addendums. A huge one volume encyclopedia (that was used mostly for pressing things) countless dictionaries and a myriad of other reference books.

I got into the habit of looking everything up. My parents wouldn’t tell you how to spell a word when you were in the midst of writing a report. Their response was…. (you got it!) “go look it up”.

It got to the point that when I had a question about anything I would make a note to go look it up later.

I would start looking something up and an hour later finally find it because, on the way to my topic, I’d stop and read half of the volume! (Smart parents, right?)

This is why Google is my best friend!

I love Google.

Big pink puffy heart love.

(And I still get lost looking things up, but now it’s because of links!)

So tell me, were you a member too?

3 comments:

  1. Yup, Google is my flavor of choice. And there are so many things to look at, listen to, watch... It can be a happy little time waster

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just adore google. My grandkids are told to "look it up" too but guess where they go to do it? Yep. It's a new but old world.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep...and I home educated my kids from K-12 and they tell everyone that the best thing I taught them was how to find out for themselves.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments!