.....and other random stuff......

Sunday, April 24, 2011

Leap of Faith

Well, just slid in under the deadline! 
 This is what I finally settled on for my submission to the 25th Annual All Florida Juried Exhibition. (third time’s the charm, right? Lol)

'Family Portrait'



library
Now it’s a waiting game.

I guess this could be considered part of this month’s Sketchbook Challenge theme “branching out.’ I find the hard part is putting myself out there and entering.

I don’t really care if I get accepted or not. Well, okay, I care, but that’s not the part that matters. It’s putting myself out there and DOING that matters. Acceptance is just the icing on the cake.

Don’t get me wrong. If I get juried in you’ll be able to hear my gleeful shriek of happiness for miles. But if I don’t, it will be okay and I’ll try again next year.

One of my favorite quotes is “When we make such a leap of faith, it is the actual stepping out that creates a bridge to see us safely to the other side.” Soren Kiekegaard

(deep, ain't I? lol)




1 comment:

I appreciate your comments!