.....and other random stuff......

Monday, May 9, 2011

Resist

I spent Mother’s Day playing. One of the things I tried was resist.


In doing research about resists for this month’s Sketchbook Challenge theme, I read using Elmer’s white glue was a big no-no (too bad, I have a gallon of it!)
No one said why though….hmmm. Anyway, they suggested Elmer’s blue gel glue.


So here’s my attempt at Elmer’s blue glue resist. (Doesn’t sound quite as classy as saying soy wax resist does it? LOL)


 Kind of time consuming waiting for all the drying times. I’m more of the instant gratification type.


 OMG this is so cool! LOOK at the results!



 The paint fades a little, but not as much as I thought it would.
I used Christine Moon’s tutorial here. Thanks Christine! 
(Plain cotton fabric, freezer paper, Elmer's blue school gel, watered down acrylic paints, hot water and patience!)  





1 comment:

  1. I think the reason white glue is a no-no for resist is, when you scrape away the glue, it will tear the fibers of your paper. Another couple of ways to get a resist effect, use a white crayon or candle to draw or write with.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments!