.....and other random stuff......

Saturday, August 20, 2011

My Father Never Cursed

Well, except when he was wallpapering. Then a strategically placed “Shit!” used to escape sporadically.
But other than that, never.
He was fond of saying, “Only small minds use small words.”

Now I admired my father (mostly, LOL) and he was a smart man, well educated, definitely.
But in this particular instance I heartily disagreed with him.

It has nothing to do with intelligence, or education. It is purely emotional.
There is nothing more satisfying than a well placed “F” bomb now and again.

I have searched the English language high and low for something that would give the same satisfaction in any given situation, and contrary to my father’s beliefs, nothing else will do.

There are certain instances that just cry out for expletives!

For example, stubbing your toe.
This calls for a very precise string of words in order to describe the full intensity of the circumstances.
“GODDAMNSONOFABITCH!” 
Followed by, “SHITSHITSHITSHITSHIT!”

Try it. It works.
It won’t make your toe hurt any less, but it will occupy your mind for those first excruciating moments when you think you might just pass out from the pain.

(BTW, my toe was broken.)

5 comments:

  1. Ouchhhhh....I mean: "Oh goodness me, I seem to have hurt myself"!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha :) I TOTALLY agree! Even when said toe doesn't end up broken ;) hope it's healing well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh you are so right. Sorry about your toe, but I will bet if the initial shock could be calibrated on a pain-o-meter, they WOULD find that it helps. I SWEAR it's true ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. F*@($& Robin...what a great post!!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments!