.....and other random stuff......

Monday, December 12, 2011

Other Husbands Bring Flowers


Except flowers make me sneeze.

Through the years I’ve often felt kind of sorry for husband. He can’t rely on the usual little gifts and assorted sundries most men give their wives.
I don’t like or wear jewelry. I’m apparently allergic to most flowers. I’m not exactly what you’d call a clothes horse.

But he has shown a great deal of imagination when it comes to surprising me with little ‘trinkets’.
Like this:
He said. "You can use it as a container for something or the top would make a cute hat on one of your 'little guys'."

And this:
He heard me say I was looking for something to make a 'travel kit' for my watercolors. When he saw this he thought it would be different than everyone else’s. 

It’s not what most people would call a gift, per se. But it shows that he is thinking about me, he appreciates what I do, what I like, and who I am.
And isn’t that what gift giving is all about? 




6 comments:

  1. When I saw the first photo I thought 'what is it', but I can see it can be 'what ever you want it to be'....as for the 'travel kit' I think your DH got it absolutely spot on...I would have been thrilled with it, as you obviously are. You are so right, it's the 'thought that counts' and is worth so much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, he is sure thinking of you and listening too in order to get things like this. Lucky you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gosh we could be twins!
    I think your hubby is fab - and the case is darling!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments!