.....and other random stuff......

Monday, December 5, 2011

Paint by Numbers


When I was about twelve I was bitten by the ‘paint by numbers’ bug. I liked the paints in the little plastic pots. Go figure!
I was really enjoying the whole process so I was taking my time.

At night I would very carefully put the wet canvas board safely under my desk in order to protect it. From what I have no idea. (It’s no use to ponder the actions of a thirteen year old girl so don’t try!)

One morning I retrieved the painting from its sheltered confines and found …….
it was covered with teeny tiny little PAW PRINTS!

I don’t know which was more upsetting, the fact that my painting was ruined or that there was a mouse in my room!
EEEEEK!

4 comments:

  1. Rats have teeny tiny paw prints too! LOL.
    Love your mouse his expression is priceless:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Standing on my chair eeking in sympathy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. aha! A new mouse detector invention :)
    Glad you progressed from the number kind xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh yes, upsetting on both counts! EEEK, indeed! Love the illustration - that mouse looks positively guilty ;)

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments!