.....and other random stuff......

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

I’m an Inventor

Really, I am!
I invented a balloon tie-er.

The boys’ birthdays are exactly one week apart.
When they were little we threw an all out, over the top, combined party.
And of course with ANY kind of birthday celebration you have to have a copious number of balloons.

The year I rubbed my fingers raw from tying hundreds of rubber balloons by hand was the year I invented the ‘Tie-er’.
Necessity is the mother of invention. (So are sore fingers!)

It was a simple little device but everyone thought it was pure genius. A friend even suggested that I patent it!

(What I really wanted to invent was a mechanized balloon tie-er but my genius is obviously limited in the ways of mechanics!)

So I guess I’m destined to become a millionaire from this!

 You hold it between your knees and wrap the balloon end around the two spread out pencils. It gives you enough space to tie a knot and the aluminum foil is flexible enough to let you pinch it a bit and slide off the balloon.
(Hey, it worked! And served me well for many a birthday party! LOL)

4 comments:

  1. Genius!..[this comment comes from someone who always manages to 'burst' the balloon she has so painfully filled with hot air], as nails and fingers always seem to get in the way!...I am in awe of your talent.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always thought you were not only extremely talented and funny...but VERy smart too!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments!