.....and other random stuff......

Saturday, March 10, 2012

New Toys


I finally got to the art store!
The REAL art store.
Not a chain store but the art store where the students from the WORLD FAMOUS ART SCHOOL shop!

Nirvana!

I was under a time constraint so I didn’t really have too much time to wander (plus Husband was with me and I didn’t want him to get too bored, LOL.)
But, OMG!
I was in heaven!

REAL art supplies. No Crayola markers (not that there is anything wrong with Crayola) but honest to goodness brand name art supplies.

Two floors worth. Plus a lower level dedicated to framing!
Handmade papers!
More watercolors than you could shake a stick at!
Copic markers! Copic multi-liner pens!
Every Golden product listed on their website. All right there for me to touch!
Charcoal, pastels, every pencil type under the sun!
Art pads and papers galore!
Sketchbooks in every conceivable size.
Canvases in all sizes.
Air brush systems.
I could go on for pages! LOL

Unfortunately (or maybe fortunately) I was limited by my budget.
So I only got a few more Copic markers and two of the multi-liner pens.
I’ve been practicing my ink work with the 0.03 pen. I LOVE it! 


6 comments:

  1. Isn't being in the presence of new toys just glorious?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummy! I LOVE your little drawing. What a proud ducky you are!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely drawing, I've just brought some new pens, paints & crayons etc and just eagerly waiting for the delivery (but if I had any decent art stores then near me then I know I'd have no money left lol blessings in disguise) x

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG! I can't even imagine a store like that! and a 0.03 pen WOW... and I thought my 0.05 was fine...how very much fun! Love the drawing and your words!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ya know, only a REAL artist would go that crazy over all those art supplies. AND I'M SOOOO JEALOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Now that I live in Nanaimo, BC instead of Victoria, BC, there are NO REAL art stores, only that CHAIN one that we all sigh about. I mean it's good that I can pick up some paper but if I want actual art supplies I have to order them online. (which is what I did last WEEK!!) I have a huge box coming in the next 7 days. YIPPEE! I counted, including the set of prismacolor markers and Faber-Casell watercolor pencils, I have over 200 writing supplies coming!! OOH, I'm gonna go bizerkers when they arrive.

    Yummy! I guess I'm a real artist just like you! We'll all hold hands and just breath in the smell of new art supplies.
    Your ink drawing is spectacular. I love daisies too, they're so expressive with their petals.
    Have a great upcoming week!
    Best,
    Jenn of www.JustAddWaterSilly.com
    (You've inspired me to get out the Sakura ink pens!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice drawing. Like the little sign and sign-bearer too. It's nice to be able to wander through a real art store once in a while. I remember doing art supply shopping before moving to Japan many years ago. I was so afraid I wouldn't find the good art stuff there but it turned out they had all sorts of goodies too. I wish I hadn't had such a tight budget then.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments!