.....and other random stuff......

Monday, March 19, 2012

Watching TV

I tend to snack at night when I watch TV.

Oh, who am I kidding? I stuff my face uncontrollably while sitting in front of the boob tube!

So I’ve been trying to come up with activities that will keep my hands busy and therefore unable to put food in my mouth while I sit with Husband and watch TV.

Thanks to Jennibellie and her generous videos! She gave me the idea to make some paper beads.

I feel like I’m nine years old and back in camp!

These are seriously addictive!

I can’t stop! I love the serendipitous way they turn out.

I’m using found papers and magazine pages and old Atlas maps. Cut into loooong triangles and rolled around a wooden skewer. A little dab of glue and it’s done. I let them dry and then dip them in some Polycrylic to seal them. Easy peasy.

And when I’m done rolling for the night I feel so productive I hit the kitchen for a celebratory snack! LOL









8 comments:

  1. LOL! They're lovely! I've been featuring Jennibellie's inspiration on my blog for the past week. What fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know Annie has mentioned Jennibellie's blog before...so this is where I skip over to take a look see...could be beads galore here soon as well! Oh, and don't talk to me about snacking, I'm an expert! lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. these are very cute! great idea :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What will you do with all the beads?

    ReplyDelete
  5. hahaha so still the snack wins!
    But you do have some beautiful beads to show for it, also. Will you be making necklaces from them?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've made some paper beads in my time. What do you plan to do with these?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh yes, LOVELY!! Are you going to use them on your hand-made journals? I think they'll look LOVELY :) And in the Fair Trade gift shop where I volunteer we sell quite a few of those necklaces, I think they're quite hot these days :) (and think of all the calories you burn, working your fingers like that - snacks are in order!)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ummmm me liking these lovelies (but then of course I would) you're so right there is such juvenile pleasure in making these things, and better addiction for you than chocolate, but I agree that I think those delights are worthy of a snack or two lol thank you for the shout out, much love xxx

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments!