.....and other random stuff......

Friday, May 18, 2012

Episode Two of ‘Lest You Think BigBrother….


Once again starring BigBrother and his trusty side-kick Bobby Neely.

Bobby Neely (and yes we always called him by his first and last name for some reason) had two pet goldfish.

Mrs. Neely kept them in a bowl on top of Bobby’s dresser.

One fine day BigBrother and Bobby Neely wanted to play with the fish.
But the dresser was very high. So they devised an ingenious plan.
They took all the clothes out of the drawers, then took the drawers out of the dresser and climbed up the empty slots where the drawers had been.

It might have worked except for the fact that they climbed up together.

Making the dresser top heavy.
It came crashing down, pinning both the boys underneath and sending the goldfish flying.

My mother and Mrs. Neely, hearing the commotion, ran upstairs to find both boys pinned under the dresser and the two goldfish flopping uncontrollably on the carpet gasping for air.

Mrs. Neely leapt into action…..

Grabbing the two goldfish by their tails and running to the bathroom and filling the sink to save their lives.

Meanwhile, my mother was left to rescue the boys.
She could never tell the story without laughing and saying, in an emergency, the first thing Mrs. Neely thought about were those two stinkin’ goldfish!
the dynamic duo--BigBrother and Bobby Neely




(Post script: The boys and the goldfish all survived the ordeal!)

3 comments:

  1. My brother liked to catch the goldfish by the dorsal fin and watch them wiggle. Our gold fish didn't survive.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a good lesson in physics for the boys...and a couple of lucky fish! Funny!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha, awesome story :D

    & oh my gosh, reliving the day when the table that held our tank of goldfish couldn't handle the weight anymore and just, withoug warning, broke. The tank crashed to the floor, broke, spilled about 18 liters of water and stones and... the two goldfish. Poly and Ester. I was home alone and well into my adulthood (I think this was about 5 years ago), but I called my husband in work, crying, watching the flopping fish - to ask what to do! I was SO freaked out at the thought of having to pick them up!! Husband wasn't really sympathetic, asking me what the bleep HE was supposed to do about it, being 20 miles away. He's a realist. In the end, I pushed them onto a soup ladle with lots of tissue paper and flopped them into a bowl of water. They ended up in our outside pond where they lived happily for a couple of weeks, until a visiting heron ate them. I saved their lives - YAY - but it wasn't long nor happy... The end.
    It still sends shivers down my spine! LOL :)

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments!