.....and other random stuff......

Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Lest You Think Big Brother Was a Model Child and Had no Escapades of His Own


I used to love to listen to my mother tell the tales of when BigBrother and I were little. About all our antics!
There were always more stories about BigBrother than I.
My theory is:

1. BigBrother was the first born. (Always more pictures and attention to the first born.)
2.  Since I was second I had to share the limelight.
3.  I was saving my shenanigans for later years.

Take your pick! LOL

So I have decided to run a series of posts to enumerate 
BigBrother's escapades.

To give him equal time as it were!

The first story I remember hearing was about BigBrother and his constant companion, side-kick and best friend Bobby Neely. (Bobby will be playing a co-starring role in many of these stories.)

Their favorite pastime when they were little was playing in the sandbox.

But their games differed slightly from most.
They used to like to strip naked and throw sand at each other!
My mother would get a call from the next door neighbor saying, “They’re at it again!”

It didn’t really bother my mother. She thought it was kind of silly and cute. But apparently the neighbor was descendant from Puritans and took offense at two little naked boys in a sandbox!

Some people just have no sense of humor!



Stay tuned for the next riveting installment of  “Lest You Think Big Brother Had No Escapades of His Own……”

8 comments:

  1. I bet your brother just LOVES this story!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perhaps all along the neighbour actually took offence to the sandbox and it was nothing to do with the occupants at all!....anyways, why was she looking!!! lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's what happens when you let Puritans settle an area. (-;

    ReplyDelete
  4. great story! please share some more... they keep me chuckling!
    Thanks again for the scans of the magazine, I am having some computer difficulties, so not sure when I will get them on my blog...Computer needs to be seen by a doctor (who lives 100 miles away)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think most little kids like to be naked. By the time they grow out of the sandbox they tend to be out of that phase too. I guess your mom should have put up a privacy screen from that shameful behavior!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hahaha :D I love everything you share about your mom - she sounds like my kind of mom :D And yes to the naked and why be bothered... I'm SO for letting kids be kids for as long as they can and want to be...

    (I know it's silly, but being mamma to a little boy NOW, this made me tear up a little - I'm so aware at times that this innocence won't last... Embrace, people, embrace!!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. In knowing the very grown up BigBrother now and having been his friend for over 15 years, I can look at his picture on here and see the man I know today.
    Thanks Robin for sharing and please keep his stories coming!!!!!
    I think he is a really cool guy.

    Iris in Alabama

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments!