.....and other random stuff......

Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Pigasaurus Rex


All this paper, and packaging, and cardboard, and STUFF!


What to do?

(I’ve had enough of journals for the moment.)

What about papier mâché/paper clay?


Hmmmm……..

I ripped up some magazine pages and cardboard, added the leftover bits from the journal making, put them all into a large pot and covered with water.

After they had soaked overnight I blended them with a stick blender, essentially making paper ‘soup’.  (I added a few drops of bleach just to make sure it didn't get moldy.)

Then I just took out a few handfuls, squeezed out the excess water, added some plain white Elmer’s glue to make a kind of modeling clay and sculpted away!

I baked him in a 200° oven, added paint, sealed with an acrylic glaze and voilà! 

Meet Pigasaurus Rex   (I always seem to channel creatures, don't I? LOL)








AND I used a few more of these numerous
paper beads! LOL




7 comments:

  1. Oh my...I love him. He's SO cute. Do I sense that his back is made from paper beads! (I've made some, and recognise the shape...i think)lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I needed a smile today, and this did the trick

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pigasaurus Rex! He is so cute and you've named him perfectly. I haven't done paper Mac he since I was a teenager when I made fat bangle bracelets. Are you making more critters?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I totally love her!!! You just have all kinds of talent!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is great, it should reside in a place honor in a roadside BBQ joint! In the South, of course :-) I thought the paper beads were empty .22 cartridges at first, which made me think of the infestation of feral hogs we have here everywhere.

    Does this material hold up well -- i.e., would it crack if a kid dropped it? Looks like too much fun not to try :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Rex is so cute. Makes me wanna squeeze him. Very creative. What else can you throw in the pot and come up with?

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments!