.....and other random stuff......

Saturday, August 4, 2012

Pinto, Take Two


When it comes to driving, I take after my mother, whose nickname behind the wheel was ‘lead foot’!

One night I was on my way home.
I took the back way, along winding and hilly roads.
I noticed flashing lights in my rear view mirror.
No sirens, because it was late I guess, just the lights.
I knew it was for me and I didn’t want to get a speeding ticket.

So I whipped around a curve, pulled into the first driveway I came across, turned off my lights and ducked down in the seat.
I saw the patrol car continue on the main road.
As soon as I thought he was gone, I pulled out of the driveway, zoomed home, ran into the house and prayed the officer wouldn’t think to backtrack and look for my car.

Looking back on it now, maybe he wasn’t really after me!


(And in case you’re thinking less of me for not owning up to my crime and taking my medicine, I have gotten my fair share of tickets in my life.
One time when Son1 was little he thought they were going to take me to jail! I had a heck of a time calming him down! LOL)

3 comments:

  1. Yes, I agree with Annie, it makes us love you all the more....lol. (btw it was clever though, turning off, switching off lights and ducking down, but I thought you were going to say he caught you on the way back!!) lol.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments!