.....and other random stuff......

Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Inquiring Minds Want To Know


We watch a lot of educational TV.
History channel, Discovery channel, PBS. 
Interesting stuff.
But I have a habit of becoming……..just a little bit belligerent, and I yell at the TV!
(I know, she says hanging her head in shame.)

I say things like, “How the hell do you know that’s what they did two million years ago? Were you there?”
And, “Pshaw!” (Although I think the word I use begins with a ‘B’!)

But I do, upon occasion, ask intelligent and probing questions.
Like, who was the first person to look at a clam and say, “Yummy! I think I’ll eat this!”

We were watching a program about the Aztecs the other night.
This is the question that popped into my head: Who was the moron that said to the high priest, “Hey, I have an idea! Let’s yank a beating heart out of one of our people and offer it up to the Gods! That is sure to end the famine and turn our luck around!”

And how did they convince the sacrifice-ee?
Can’t you just hear that conversation?
“Hey, Joe? Um, got a minute? I’d like to ask a favor.”

Inquiring minds want to know!

2 comments:

  1. I know what you mean..lol. As with, who was the first person to milk a cow?, and what did his friends think he was doing!?! Oh, and does that 'B' word of yours end in 'T' 'cos if so I use it quite a bit myself...lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. But...Joe, it's not a sacrifice. It's an honor!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments!