.....and other random stuff......

Tuesday, January 15, 2013

The New Workbench


This is the first draft, so to speak.

I’m not sure I like where I’ve put everything.
I need to work on a few projects to see if it’s okay, but this is what it looks like for now.

(Ignore the god-awful wallpaper!  Someday, maybe, when we have the time/$$$ we will renovate the kitchen. LOL)

It’s a small-ish space in the kitchen (sort of) between the main bathroom (to the left) and the studio (on the right.)


















The string with the  clothespins is my 'drying rack". Not pretty, but effective. I clip my painted papers together with binder clips and hang them out of the way on the walls. Again, not pretty, but it works.
















This sign I made hangs above the 'studio' (aka Son2's old bedroom) just in case you can't tell what it is from all the crap inside! LOL

5 comments:

  1. Looks brilliant Robin...Definite envy here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it. The cool part is you get to organize, reorganize, and reorganize to your heart's content as you see what works for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like, I like. Now I want to see it all messed up. And I think the drying papers look Way pretty hanging there.

    BTW...we had wallpaper in our CC house when we first moved there and it was a pure B^#^H to remove. We never did get those walls smooth. I suggest painting it. Or you could always modpodge your artwork on top of it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Still tidy! The clothesline is a good idea. Let's see it in a few weeks, don't let the kitchen utensils colonize your new space btw!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hah! Love the idea of modpodging your artwork over the wall paper :D
    I think it looks AWESOME!! I LOVE looking at work spaces, and your is so tidy - looks inviting, dig in, get those scraps out, mess the place up a little ;)
    I get what you're saying about needing to work it all a little to see if it works, but that's part of the fun!
    And yes, I love all that bundled paper too, and the clothes line, so much promise - so much space to hang your stuff :)
    Happy creating! xx

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments!