.....and other random stuff......

Monday, January 28, 2013

We Interrupt Our Regularly Scheduled Program….


So, after a trip to IKEA












a little elbow grease (and a lot of help from Husband) here’s the finished product!

TADA!

My studio!
Transition from the 'rough and tumble' area into the actual studio.


















The desk/red chair and bookcase were all IKEA additions. I now have drawers for my sewing stuff right there accessible AT the sewing machine!


















Shelves raised to accommodate my new light tent for ‘photo shoots’. 



















Over the door shoe pockets (left) hold odds and ends.
























Display shelves.


















These little jars were an IKEA purchase, $8 for all of them!





My 'Wall of Friends!"















Big overstuffed comfy chair to sit and sketch or read or just contemplate my navel! (There should be a side table next to the chair but it was damaged when we opened the box. Oh well, that just means I have to make another trip to IKEA!)


















Organized closet (take note, it will NEVER look this good again! LOL)






















And there you have it! 
I hope you enjoyed this interruption of our regularly scheduled programming! 



9 comments:

  1. Wonderful! Wonderful! Wonderful!...did I say Wonderful? This all looks so good (and organised!)...amazing. Fancy having two rooms for your creating, one for fabric the other for painting. I saw those little jars in Ikea and thought 'um what could I use these for', but decided I wouldn't have anything small enough for them and here you are showing how I 'could' have used them..doh! Was that son1 or son2, which ever, looks such a happy lad. Happy creating Robin in your Wonderful space.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! Your making me itch to organize my space.

    ReplyDelete
  3. No, no, no. That is waaaay too organized. KIDDING!! It's fabulous. It's eye candy. It's making me jealous! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. it's beautiful!! i wish i could get myself organized like this!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Okay feeling a little jealous =( beautiful space, enjoy yourself =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow actually Brian's destroyed dreams and memories look pretty awesome. lmao

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOWZA! I love your bright, airy, beautiful studio! The red chair is awesome and your wall of friends makes me smile. It's all great. Maybe we can meet at IKEA when you bring your chair back. I'm hoping all the house stuff will be done in a couple weeks and then I'll have lots of time. Jerry has forbidden me to go back to Cape...but...IKEA is local...sorta.

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMGoodness!!!! It looks amazing - so organized and inviting. I do hope it is messed up soon with all the creating that is going to happen now! Unfortunately I live too many miles away from an Ikea store... although I did visit their website today.
    AND HAPPY PINXTY (i think that is what you called it) BIRTHDAY and many many many more!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments!