.....and other random stuff......

Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Husband Stories


Husband doesn’t recall very many childhood memories.
I think it’s a guy thing.
But the few he does remember are winners!

When he was a teen he was in the habit of eating a bowl of cereal as a snack.
He would bring it to his room and when he was finished shove the dirty dishes under his bed.
After a while his parents found they had no more bowls or spoons!
His mother would find them piled under his bed growing a fine crop of fuzz.
He was ‘reminded’ over and over to return the dirty dishes to the kitchen, but being a teen, well, we all know how that goes.
One day his father, having had enough,  went to the garage, got the garbage can, brought it into Husband’s room and said, “You want to live in a dump, HERE, live in a real dump!” and emptied the garbage can all over Husband and the bed! (This was before we put garbage in neat little plastic bags!)

The lesson must have stuck, he is downright fastidious now!

4 comments:

  1. I keep hoping something will get my teenage daughter to clean up her room.... but it doesn't happen. Perhaps I should try the garbage can trick!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my LOL! That's hilarious. I think I'd remember that story too! How nice for YOU. :)


    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments!