.....and other random stuff......

Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Tourists


My mother always lamented when we lived in New York we hadn’t done any of the ‘touristy’ things.
So when we moved back she declared the first week as ‘WE’RE GOING TO GO EVERYWHERE AND DO EVERYTHING THAT A TOURIST WOULD WEEK’.
We did the Circle Line Tour, visited the Empire State building, the Chrysler building, we went to Liberty Island and climbed the Statue of Liberty.
We toured China town, the Battery, Greenwich Village, and Central Park.
We went to FAO Schwartz, Macy’s, Saks Fifth Avenue, Bergdorf Goodman……
And you know what the clearest memory I have of that week?
How much my feet hurt!

5 comments:

  1. ...and I bet you had such fun! Love your drawing :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. One time I went to NY with a friend and we walked all day wearing sandals. We probably walked ten miles. In sandals. The next day when I got out of bed and my feet touched the floor I screamed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh that made me laugh! Strongest memory, sore feet! Love the illo x

    ReplyDelete
  4. When I go to NY now, I always bring my NW hiking shoes. Not too attractive, but they work like a charm.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments!