.....and other random stuff......

Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Submission Number….???

Okay, I worked up the courage to submit my Blog for inclusion in ArtfulBlogging magazine.
I got a nice reply the next day.
The polite way of saying ‘don’t call us, we’ll call you.’
Ba Dun Tish........

Seriously, it was a nice e-mail saying they’d let me know if they’re interested.
I’m sure it’s a form letter, automatically generated, but it’s nice to know they got my query and they didn’t leave me flapping in the breeze the way it was ‘way back when’ we used snail mail for our submissions.

So I was thinking about why I want to be included in their magazine…....

1. I  never see artwork like mine in it. (Of course the reason for that might not be one I like…….LOL)

2. I’m tired of reading all the ‘I was discovered……….my blog led to my fame and fortune……….. I got a lucrative licensing deal from my blog…..I have thousands of readers…….yada, yadda, yadda… kind of stories.  For honesty’s sake I’d like to hear more stories like, I started a blog four years ago and I’ve worked my way up to almost fifty followers! Yay! Because I think that’s more the norm. I get discouraged and feel like a failure when I read all these ‘made it’ stories.

3. And yes, I have enough of an ego that I’d like to be in print. There! I said it! It’s out there! Yes, I’d like the external recognition of what I do. 

Don’t we all? 

So I'm keeping my fingers crossed....... (͡° ͜Ê– ͡°)

10 comments:

  1. I've been blogging since 2007. I have 31 people that were kind enough to push the follow me button. Google stats shows that people stop by, Course that could be me looking to see if anyone commented. (-;

    ReplyDelete
  2. good luck getting discovered … i'm just glad I stumbled across your delightful blog :)

    just remember us little people when you get famous !!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you too. I clicked on the link to take a look. It would be a nice feeling to have your work published but I'm not sure my artwork is good enough I suppose it's all about confidence.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I adore your blog! I love that it's so unique. A breath of fresh air everyday. I said a prayer for you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We got your back. :) Glad you hit the brave button. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE your blog - I love the freshness and fun of it. Artful Blogging Magazine is missing out if they don't include you. I have actually stopped reading Artful Blogging Magazine because the articles are too much the same. Your article and images would be like a breath of fresh air for the magazine. I say write the article anyway. If they do call you have it ready, and if they don't, post it here for all your blogging fans to enjoy.
    And yes - way to go to being brave and sending the email - keep putting yourself out there and being brave. Sometimes it is hard, but I find it usually pays off, just not always as I expected. Thanks for sharing your wonderful stories and art here. It always makes me smile.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've NEVER heard of artfulbloggingmagazine but I know your blog and love it

    ReplyDelete
  8. Quite frankly, I have given up magazines because they seem to carry a theme to death. They are so alike with very little leeway. I would love to hear a different tale or see a different kind of project. I remember getting Sommerset magazine for a year. Then I gave it up and five years later I looked at it again and it was still pretty much the same! Too much the same. I'm disappointed you didn't get to be in it.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments!