.....and other random stuff......

Friday, July 25, 2014

As Bad As Making You Watch Old Home Movies!

When I cleaned out my parent’s house I didn’t have the heart or the time (or the emotional fortitude) to go through all the papers and photographs.
So I tucked them away for later.
I’ve been going through them little by little over the years.
I usually get half way through a book or a box before I become overwhelmed and just shove them all back into the bowels of the closet.

But I came across my father’s scrapbook the other day.

It has cutouts from magazines pasted in the beginning pages, he must have been very young when he started it.
But it progresses as he ages into more interesting things.
Pictures and newspaper clippings of his exploits.
Who knew he was such a sensation in his little home town!

Anyway…. from time to time I think I might share some of the things I’ve found.

Sort of like saying to you, “Come on in! Sit down! Have a drink while I just loop up these old home movies I’m sure you’ll enjoy!” LOL

9 comments:

  1. Looking forward to some of your 'movies'. (Great pic btw).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know the feeling. I have my old photos of my parents tucked away too. I know they are there but somehow it is difficult to take them out and look at them. Your fathers scrapbook sounds very interesting. I am looking forward to you sharing more with us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love looking at old photographs. I see an ivy covered wall in the background, is that your dad's college photo? Where did he go to school?

    ReplyDelete
  4. can't wait to see more. i love old black and white photos.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Robin, I thought I'd stop by since I always see you at CJs. What a fascinating journey back in time

    ReplyDelete
  6. When I was in VA last week, my sister gave me a big shoe box of old pix. I'll be going through them slowly…for the rest of my life! I'll look forward to more of your memories.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments!