.....and other random stuff......

Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Oh,That’s Why!

We don’t have medicine cabinets in our master bathroom.
I keep my meds in the top drawer of the vanity.
I tell you this personal tidbit so the rest of the story makes sense.
I take my myriad of prescriptions before bed, in semi-darkness so as to not wake up Husband.
Anyway…..
I keep the drawer open as I dole out the pills and place them on the counter.
Once in a while I add a nighttime sleep aid into the mix.
Last night I decided I needed one.
But it didn’t seem like it was working very well. I was flopping around in bed like a fish out of water.
I didn’t really think much more about it until I went into the drawer the next morning and saw an errant pill sitting at the bottom of the drawer.
It didn’t look like any of my Rx’s……and I was confused (often my state of mind) for a moment until I put all the pieces of the puzzle together……

OH! So THAT’S why it didn’t work so well last night! 
And I was seriously thinking of writing a letter to the manufacturer! LOL


6 comments:

  1. Must have been something to do with that fish in the bed, the one that got away! lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! You passed the Princess Test. You are a true Princess. Your restless night and discomfort was caused by the pea placed underneath your mattress.

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I followed the link from Facebook, i was thinking you were going to tell us how your meds fell out of the medicine cabinet…into the toilet. Sleepless nights just as bad! And don't worry…I think lots of us go through the same. I've found errant pills on the floor…in the bed…still on the counter…all after I thought I'd taken them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. :) it happens. I lost one of my ear plugs to the toilet in the middle of the night. They're my sleeping aids. Didn't know where it went till the next morning either - wasn't a good night ;) Love the drawing!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your description of "I was flopping around in bed like a fish out of water"! That describes it exactly! I drive the dogs nuts when I am like that so I finally get up and get a couple of ibuprofen pills. They seem to be enough at this point. Some of the sleeping pills aren't good for those of us with glaucoma. Fish out of water, oh yeah!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments!