.....and other random stuff......

Tuesday, July 15, 2014

You Get What You Pay For…………

I had the idea to make a few videos to show you the watercolor ‘brushes’ I bought from 
Kyle T Webster. Kyle’s Real WatercolorBrushes for Phtoshop
So I Googled and downloaded what looked like an easy screen capture program for the desktop. (These brushes only work in Photshop CS5 or higher.)

It is very easy. Point and click. Easy peasy.
The downside is it’s so easy it has very limited editing features.

So here is the unedited raw footage of drawing ‘clouds’ with Kyle's watercolor brushes.
I couldn’t add voice over (not that I could find my mic..…)
I couldn’t enhance the ‘pointer’ so you can see what I’m doing.
I couldn’t add text over the frame to explain what I’m doing……

So now I’m off to find a better program…..

In the meantime enjoy……………….. J (double click video to enlarge)



2 comments:

  1. That's clever....great to watch you drawing. I know it isn't exactly related to this, but it might come in handy sometime (you may already know about it of course), but there's a voice over for photos : Adobe Voice for ipad. I've been trying it out and it's pretty good and its a free App. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have me itching to try drawing clouds on the iPad.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments!