.....and other random stuff......

Wednesday, January 21, 2015

DUH!!!!

Okay, so I’m not a techie. I’m not up on the latest and greatest. Not even close! And I’m easily impressed.
But this has to be the greatest thing since sliced bread, as my mother used to say!

In she lists various artists and their websites.
Usually when I’m reading a hardcover book like this and it has links I find myself running to the computer and typing in the address to go to the site.

Well, I no longer need to do that!
Hosannas and angel choirs!

In the digital version the links are ‘live’!!!
As I come across a link I just tap on it and voilà! I’m there!
Like magic I’m whisked away in cyberspace! Without having to type anything!
It even opens in a new tab so I don’t lose my place in the book!

Who knew????
Certainly not me!


Okay, so I’m late to the party….I told you I was easily impressed!


6 comments:

  1. What do they lie about old dogs and new tricks... Good, girl!

    I've never read books on tablet, I'm an ancient hound dog, although my two latest books have been published also digital Who reads ones own books...

    The most recent book is written in Finnish and English, you can have a peek here, if you're interested:

    https://itunes.apple.com/fi/book/kultainen-talja-golden-fleece/id959600727?mt=11


    ReplyDelete
  2. I can see the appeal of having a direct link without having to turn on the computer. But me being an even less of a techie than I think you probably are I still prefer a real book. I have heard of a number of books on this subject. Would you recommend this one?

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's an old tech concept, but it never fails to fill me with wonder.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cool! I still don't have a tablet…and very few books on my reading app (on my laptop)…but I felt the same when I came across those links! Amazeballs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lol, I just recently found this too and was just as impressed as you were!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments!