.....and other random stuff......

Friday, May 1, 2015

Sketchus Interruptus

The phone rang as I was sketching and I’ve decided not to finish this, so I’m calling it ‘Sketchus Interruptus’.  
The funny thing about these last few sketches.......
I’ve always enjoyed the ‘doing’ but also agonized over the finished product.
Now I no longer care how they turn out.
I like the wonky, out of kilter, totally lacking correct perspective with errant lines that sometimes go nowhere.
If I sketch on paper I use pen.
Even if I use pencil for the 'smudge factor' I don’t erase mistakes.

Ah, self acceptance, it’s a good thing!
And it makes me laugh.

8 comments:

  1. Good for you, self acceptance and laughter, what else does a girl need!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's good to find your own voice. I like your style.

    ReplyDelete
  3. it's perfect just the way it is!! love that title, too :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh I couldn't do without my eraser.

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE that attitude…and LOVE what you draw!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wish the OCD in me could let go like this. Love the title too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like your style, too, Robin.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments!