.....and other random stuff......

Tuesday, December 1, 2015

I’m Confused

I bought myself a new leather purse at the flea market the other day. It’s the first time in over fourteen years I’ve actually bought a purse. Mostly I just make them when I need it, so maybe things have changed and I missed the memo.

When I went to remove the tag it said, and I quote: VEGAN-LEAD FREE.

I’m confused on several levels….
VEGAN? Does that mean the ANIMAL was a vegan? Or that the purse is made out of vegetables?   
And LEAD FREE? I don’t even know where to begin with that!


On the other hand I guess it’s good to know I’m being environmentally friendly with my purchases, right?

5 comments:

  1. If it's vegan it's faux leather. They make some really indistinguishable stuff anymore. I can't figure out the lead free unless they actually mean it's free of any lead?

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG, the world is so complicated nowadays!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Are you sure it's a purse and not a snack?? :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. if it's vegan, no animal or part of an animal was used in the making of the purse. Lead free? Does the purse zip? I'd assume the zipper was not made out of lead. The only way to get lead poisoning is to ingest lead. So, maybe don't lick the zipper?

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments!