.....and other random stuff......

Friday, December 22, 2017

A Sign from ‘The Other Side’….or Something Mystical Like That….

This is BigBro’s Christmas cactus.




Grown from a clipping, taken 19 ½ years ago from our mother’s plant….that was from a clipping from HER mother’s plant that had been around as long as I can remember!
(I took our mother’s plant but, unfortunately, I killed it with kindness. The less said about that the better….)
Whenever my plant, and now BigBro’s bloom I always take it as a sign from our mother. She’s ‘out there’ somewhere showing us she’s still got an eye on us.

Merry Christmas mom! 
(and an 'atta' boy to BigBro for keeping his plant alive!)

4 comments:

  1. This post just made me smile. I would have followed in your steps and killed the plant, too. So cool you're brother's plant is thriving.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm like you. I have whatever is opposite to green fingers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, how wonderful Robin! That might very well be a sign of your mother :-) Thank you for your special, quirky, funny and intriguing posts. I always love visiting here. Wishing you a joyful Christmas, and lots more of these posts for the coming year! Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cool!! I have a Christmas Cactus but it never blooms. I've had it for about 5 years. I wonder what I'm doing wrong???

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments!