.....and other random stuff......

Friday, August 21, 2015

My Father Had a Twisted Sense of Humor

He was the guy who, when you stepped into the elevator, would say, “I bet you’re wondering why I gathered you all here today” to all the people already there.

He used to give his name as Dr. to M’aitre d’s to ensure better treatment.

One of the best ‘weird conduct in public places’ I ever saw him do was on the boardwalk in Ocean City.
We were discussing human behavior when he said, “Watch this!”

He walked out into the middle of the crowded boardwalk and stood there looking up towards the sky.
Just standing there, staring up.
At nothing.

After a few minutes other people stopped and started looking  up.
Someone asked what they were looking at and my father just pointed up and said nothing.
More and more people stopped and looked.

After a few minutes he slowly backed away from the gathering crowd, looked at me, shrugged his shoulders and said, “See what I mean?”

5 comments:

  1. I liked reading this right before going to bed, so I could end my day with laughing. :-)
    I wish I could be like your father!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your dad had a brilliant sense of humour :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. He must have been a blast to be with

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments!