.....and other random stuff......

Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Self Portrait Challenge


I’m doing a face a day in February. I think I’ve mentioned it before.
Mostly they stink, but that’s okay. It’s the doing that’s the important part.
So far I’ve done all cartoonish faces.
So I thought it might be interesting and a stretch to try and do a ‘sort of’ realistic self portrait.

The problem is….in order to sketch I need to wear my glasses, but in order to see myself in the mirror I can’t wear my glasses.
Catch 22!

But it did make for an interesting sketch! LOL






















Argh…… age+gravity+concentration do NOT make for a pretty self portrait! Although, I’m sad to say, it does look like me L

5 comments:

  1. Very good considering the catch 22 issue! What did husband think?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your portrait would make a great avatar. Love the pink streak

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it's a great portrait. I see a little of you in it...but at the risk of being critical...you are much prettier than you've portrayed yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I "get" the whole glasses thing! very frustrating!! love how you've captured the pink streak in your hair...very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Doing IS the doing that's the important part...so keep doing it! I'm looking forward to seeing more :)

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments!