.....and other random stuff......

Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Acclimation

It’s a bitch. 
When we first moved here, and being the hearty northerners we were, we used to poke fun at the natives when the ‘cold’ weather hit.
They would bundle up in their fur lined parkas, mittens and earmuffs as we strutted around in our tee shirts and Bermuda shorts.
Wimps! 
Now that we’ve become acclimated….or old…depending on how you look at it, we have joined the legions of the bloodless.
The thermostat reads 71° and I’m donning my sweatshirt, muffler and slippers (and I HATE wearing slippers!)
I’m even considering ordering a down comforter for the bed!
The light cotton summer blanket no longer cuts it for us.
We end up tugging and pulling it away from one another in our sleep in an effort to keep warm at night.

Nice guys finish last….or freeze to death in their sleep!

6 comments:

  1. 71° ! Ummm... that does sound cold ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. 71!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    Being a Finn I would go naked in the streets in that temperature :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. It must be an age thing. In an effort to save on heating costs, I've dropped the thermostat to 68 oF. Yup, it's cold. I need a sweatshirt and sometimes my fingerless gloves because my hands are so cold. My only saving graces is an occasional hot flash during the day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. 71 sounds balmy right now in Toronto!

    ReplyDelete
  5. cold is 30 degrees!!
    71? That's shorts and flip flop weather :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. 71 - a balmy Welsh summer's day guaranteed to bring out several rolls of prime Welsh flab. Not mine - my body is a temple...one which keeps well covered up whatever the weather!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments!