.....and other random stuff......

Friday, December 5, 2014

Success

You know what the hardest part about our artistic journey is?
Trying to top our last success.
I’m not talking about penning the’ Great American Novel’ kind of success. I just mean the last thing you did/made/created that you were totally satisfied with. Even when you went back to it the next day. LOL

I feel that pressure all the time but it really ramps up this time of year.
Christmas.
It used to be I had to top myself with the gifts. Then it was how to be original and creative with the wrapping.
We don’t ‘do’ gift giving anymore so I’m off the hook in that department.

Now the pressure is all about the Christmas card.

I admit it’s self imposed, but nevertheless the pressure is there.
I also know that no one waits with bated breath for my yearly missive to brighten their mailbox, but again….nevertheless.

In the fantasy world that is my mind, I think the recipients of my cards see the return address and their hearts beat a little faster and the smile starts at the corners of their mouths even before they rip open the envelope.
(It’s a fun world, my mind……)

I have been agonizing over this year’s card. (I really liked last year’s.)
I’m stressing to come up with something as good.

Of course waiting until three weeks before the big day isn’t helping......

5 comments:

  1. Our minds must think alike Robin - I imagine people seeing the return address and a smile starts :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can take the pressure off and try a New Year's card, Valentine, or St. Patrick's Day card. That's what I'm thinking of doing. Hee, hee.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel EXACTLY that way when I see your return address. And, I happened to pull out my cards from last year…and what happens under the mistletoe…well you know. And, I'm totally positive that you will finally sit down and PLAY and make something wonderful…and I hope I get another one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh God someone tell me it's not nearly Christmas...

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh I get it! I designed the card, and printed off two, and then the printer quit - well it didn't quite quit, it just won't print on photo paper. Jams every time - it has been hearing a lot of not nice words lately. I think there will be no cards this year......

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments!