.....and other random stuff......

Friday, July 10, 2020

Apropos of Nothing


I dreamed about Sammy last night.

I dreamed we left him with a neighbor when we moved and now we were back for a visit.

When I walked up to their house Sammy was laying on the porch. He was old and grey and blind from cataracts.

When he heard my voice, just one word, he jumped up like a puppy and came to me excited and wagging his tail. He was glad to see me!

I felt both sad and happy.

Sad because I felt guilty that we had left him behind and happy because we were together again. 

We rolled around on the porch, me laughing and Sammy licking my face, in sheer delight of each other. Then we went home together.

I woke still feeling happy but as I came wider awake the happiness faded as I realized it was just a dream.

1 comment:

  1. Sad that it was only a dream, but lovely to wake up happy with a touch of a lick on the face!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments!