.....and other random stuff......

Tuesday, August 18, 2020

Covid Made Me Do It


I have ALWAYS made my bed daily.

Always.

I don’t deviate from this routine. Ever. My mother taught me that you make the bed the minute you get out of it. Period. No arguing, no hesitation, no procrastination, you just do it.

So I get out of bed, smooth the sheets, stow the pillows in the headboard, pull up the comforter and artfully arrange the throw pillows. DONE.

In doing this daily task you set yourself up to be productive. And if for some reason you don’t get anything else done that day AT LEAST YOU MADE YOUR BED!

I have since heard this reasoning from other sources but my mother taught it to me first.

I have carried on this legacy for sixty-seven years! (not a bad run if I do say so myself!)

Until now……..

And it’s ALL Covid’s fault!

I just don’t feel motivated enough to make my bed anymore. I do a ‘sort of’ straightening of the sheets and I fluff up the pillows, but…….I don’t bother with the comforter or the decorative throw pillows anymore.

And I say it’s all Covid’s fault! And Trump’s…..but we won’t go there. I’m depressed enough.

This is how civilization ends my friends. Not with a bang or a whimper but with a profusion of unmade beds!


2 comments:

  1. I feel you, although we haven't Trump here :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I went through a phase where I wasn't making the bed. But now I've been trying to. At least I can say I accomplished one thing during the day.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments!