.....and other random stuff......

Thursday, July 31, 2014

Throwback Thursday

Look what I found in the scrapbook……..

It cracks me up!
Shades of what he would become….
… "bring me these things as follows…." That is soooo my father speaking!
…. "would be every (ever) grateful….."  
ditto marks??????? 

And not too greedy….. "PS I forgot to tell you that I want….."
The date at the top is cut off; I can only see that it says 192-something.  So he was not yet ten when he wrote it.
Makes me wonder what he actually got from that long list.

6 comments:

  1. You are so lucky to have these precious things to look back on. I have kept some written things from my childrens younger days but I have nothing of mine or my parents apart from photographs. It could have something to do with emigrating to Australia as a child in the 60's then returning home again after three and a half years there. Maybe my parents wanted to keep the luggage to a minimum Lol! I came back to England when I was ten but the only thing I have from then on is my last school report. Things I regret not keeping from my childhood is a 1960's Barbie doll and her beautiful vintage dresses,my collection of ,what were called swap cards (in Australia) and, from my teenage years, my scrapbook filled with pictures of David Cassidy and David Cassidy magazines. OOH Robin you have made me feel all nostalgic. Lol!
    Oh! I just remembered that I have a book I had in Australia called 'Gloop the Gloomy Bunyip' I will have to go and dig it out and take a look..

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful genealogy document to have. Bet he got the Flexible Flyer sled

    ReplyDelete
  3. How cool is that? Your dad was a true gentleman. And, I'll bet he got most of the stuff on that list.

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is precious!! what a treasure to find!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How very cool you have this.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments!