.....and other random stuff......

Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Collaboration

For some reason I haven’t been able to master the structure of ‘backgrounds’. 
I’m also terrible at collage. 
I want to be able to do it. 
I try. 
But I either don’t go far enough and it looks bland or I go too far and it becomes a hot mess!
Anyway…………….my friend Laurie was kind enough to share with me some of her beautiful GelliPlate backgrounds.  
I was fooling around with them and came up with this.


Not bad if I do say so myself. 
Of course it’s only because of her gorgeous backgrounds!


9 comments:

  1. I know!! Hot mess is my middle name!

    But you've done well, good for you, it's most of the time interesting to challenge oneself. And not all good is due to the backgrounds, remember that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are lovely. I wonder if you are expecting too much of yourself, when actually what you would do spontaneously would be great anyway. (just sayin') ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you sell yourself short. These are great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Laurie's backgrounds are awesome…and so are your faces! I LOVE them together!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great backgrounds and your faces finish them off perfectly. A gelli plate is on my must have list.

    ReplyDelete
  6. They ARE great but you can make backgrounds! Just make multiple pages and don't give yourself time to think. Keep the time short and move from one to another and back and forth. Don't think about what you will do with them and work very large so you can cut them into usable pieces afterwards. Let's see what you can do! You are too creative to not be able to make backgrounds : )

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments!