.....and other random stuff......

Friday, June 7, 2019

Taking a New Class


I’m taking a new class from Carla Sonheim. The Painting Techniques of Anne Marie Grgich (Portraits)

We’re supposed to be painting on cradle boards (which scares the hell out of me for some reason) and I wanted to ‘practice’ in my sketchbook first. Plus I’m not sure I want to make them like everyone else. Husband says I should because it’s a class and I need to do what the teacher instructs us to do.

I, ever the obstinate one, want to be different……go figure!

I have to say I like the way she does profiles (which I have trouble with) so I did copy that. Her style is very ‘outsider art’ and VERY busy. I just don’t seem to be able to make my portraits quite that hectic. But I think I did loosen up a bit à la Picasso…..so that’s good, right?

Every technique you can add to your arsenal is a good thing!

I am evolving…….WHHHHHHEEEEEEEEEE………LOL.







2 comments:

  1. That's why I never take classes, I have so difficult to follow teacher's instructions!

    Your profiles have a wonderful surrealistic touch! The coloring is delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i agree with Husband. My rule for taking classes: when in Rome, and when you're not in class, what Mama don't know, Mama don't mind. Just have fun!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments!