.....and other random stuff......

Friday, September 22, 2017

Let’s Face It……

I suck at mixed media backgrounds.
I just can’t seem to get the hang of it…..I put one layer down and suddenly I ‘see’ something and I want to continue to bring out the character/face/critter I see! If I do get more layers down it either turns to ‘mud’ or I see MORE things trying to catch my attention.

Well….anyway…….here ya’ go Carol
I will put them in the post as soon as they are dry enough not to stick together in the envelope!  





3 comments:

  1. I think you got the hang of it quite well. Colors and images are balanced. I love the movement in the bubble piece (second one down. bubbles. that's what I see). The third one with the squares reminds me of 1950s wallpaper. My favorite is the first one. I see a chubby, black kitty. Go make more mixed media art!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I struggle with my backgrounds too. The trick is to keep on layering and maybe it will work out......or go in the bin.Lol!
    They look good to me. I can't wait to see what you do with mine. Will let you know when they are on the way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, they look pretty good to me! I think Carol will be pleased ... :-) I also have a hard time making backgrounds in my journals. I keep layering on top and in the end there's just too many layers and I gesso over it again. Although that sometimes gives great results as well ....

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments!