.....and other random stuff......

Sunday, October 17, 2010

untitled

When faced with a possible serious medical diagnosis there is one looming question on my mind……………



WHY AM I STILL VACUUMING?


As I await my biopsy in a few days, I am vacuuming the house and it occurs to me, WTF am I doing? Does this really matter in the BIG scheme of things? Of course I continue because, well, it’s there, needing to be done. And then I think of all the things I need to get done so as to leave everything as neat and tidy for my husband and kids, ya’ know, just in case.


I’ve often wondered what people do in these situations. Knowing that the END (lol) might be near. I’ve often wondered what I would do in this situation. Would I take that exotic trip I’ve always dreamed of? Would I go on a shopping spree? Would I rack up all sorts of credit card debt buying things for my family? (Oh wait, I’ve already done that!)


Nooooooo………


I vacuum!


So I guess the answer to the question is you go on as if nothing is out of the ordinary. You just go on, as long as you can.


My father wanted to go on a picnic. My mother took his ashes on a picnic.


Maybe I should pack the picnic basket, (Just sayin’.)


(Please do not take offense at this post. It’s just the way I handle stress. And the slightly skewed way I look at things. If I can’t laugh and make fun of it, then in my mind ‘it’ wins. And as Hawkeye Pierce so eloquently said ‘don’t let the bastard win’.)

I’m trying my damnedest.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments!