.....and other random stuff......

Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Coupons

I’m not much of a coupon clipper.
I don’t comb the Sunday papers looking to save 25¢ on a can of beans or end up paying 12¢ for two carts of groceries because I had a coupon for every item.
But when it comes to craft coupons I’m a hoarder!
The problem is I already have enough supplies in my studio to start my own store!
It just KILLS me to see these coupons go to waste!
I get them in the mail, I get them online, and since I have several emails, I get more than one!
They are for 50% off! 
Not just a piddling 20% or even 40%.
50%!
And if you use a competitor’s coupon they tack on an extra 10%! 
60% off!
But I don’t NEED anything!
I’ve been tempted to stand out front of the store and give them away.
But that would require a trench coat and a fedora and it’s too darn hot for that!

Pssst! Hey lady, need a 50% off coupon? 

4 comments:

  1. Hehe.....love your sketch! As always you capture the theme beautifully... (LOL)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your sketch too! And as always, you have me chuckling. :) I had the same problem when I lived in the States. I got to where I was buying things that only cost $1.00 - or less - & using my coupons. I MISS it...but like you, when I invited my friend up to my playroom for the first time, her jaw dropped and she said, "You could open a store". I've been told by SEVERAL Colombians...that having a bunch of stuff I don't need is the American way. Scary. NOW...I'm busy trying to use it all up so I can buy more when I'm back in the States in November!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun sketch and I for one, stay away from the stores so I don't see one more thing I just have to have... and then don't use.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hahaha! Love it. Great post, great illo! :)

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments!