.....and other random stuff......

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

My Navel Will Never be the Same

Disclaimer: Son2 said this was kind of creepy and I shouldn’t post it. You be the judge.

Do you believe in Karma?


The reason I ask is because I think I’m getting some Karmic retribution for something I did in my youth.

It’s kind of a long story so get comfy. I’ll wait.
All settled in? Good.

I was called for jury duty. It was for a malpractice suit. The woman was suing her plastic surgeon because………. (wait for it………) after her tummy tuck, her belly button was 1cm off from where it was before the surgery!

 Hahahahahahahaha

Okay, when I stopped laughing, the attorney had several questions to ask me, but he didn’t dismiss me.

THEN he said her husband was ALSO suing the doctor for…… (wait for it……..) 
LOSS OF CONJUGAL RIGHTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

After they picked me up off the floor, tears streaming down my cheeks, they dismissed me.

Fast forward to present day.

I had surgery last summer.

And…….you got it, my navel is not what it used to be!

Hahahahahahaha

Now, don’t get me wrong. It’s not like I’m going to model bikinis or anything, but I find it just slightly ……… funny…… ironic…… 
no no wait, I have the perfect word…….
KARMIC

I guess this is my punishment for my unsympathetic laughter all those years ago!

To the woman whose misfortune I laughed at, I am sorry.

But I stand by my laughter at the conjugal rights suit!

4 comments:

  1. I think I would have laughed hysterically too!
    but then I've never even been chosen for jury service:( although they would probably be quite glad....I would lock all hoodies up regardless of what they have or have not done. Come to think of it there are quite a few in London at the moment...ummm. Hope this doesn't mean there's a KarmaFactor heading my way - if there is Robin I will blame you:) LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful story...after I got up off the floor from hysterical laughter I started thinking about all the Karmic stuff that is going to hit me one day (or is hitting me now). I served on a jury many years ago and we convicted a young (20's) drug trafficker. I've often thought about his wasted life and his stupid choices....I sometimes wonder what his life is like now xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok, I can stop laughing now. What I want to know is... where is the sketch of your navel? lol

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments!