.....and other random stuff......

Thursday, January 1, 2015

Throwback Thursday......sorta......

I’ve decided not to make new year’s resolutions……..
But to make New Year’s declarations!

So here goes.

You make a baby.
For nine months you carry it around, protected by your own being.
Then it’s born.
You’re amazed at this creature that is a combination of two separate people.
At first you’re terrified.
Then you settle in and get the hang of it.
You spend years inputting experiences and data.
You sometimes wonder if it’s getting through.
Then suddenly, in the blink of an eye, there standing before you is a fully grown, whole and complete person.
With their own ideas and opinions.

And you are dazzled!

Your wit and intelligence amaze me.
Your kindness inspires me.
Your ideas astound me.

If I could choose, from all the world, two people to be my sons I would choose you!
Because you are awesome!

It had to be said!

7 comments:

  1. couldn't agree more. our 'baby' is now nearly 14 and still the apple of our eye, and the person we will support to realise her dreams and ambitions as she makes her way in this world

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely nailed it Robin! Happy New Year :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMGoodness, Robin. What a beautiful declaration! Happy New Year to you and yours!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your declaration! I wish more parents were as wonderful at parenting as you obviously are! Congratulations on having wonderful boys - you deserve them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful!! You planted your sons well in the world, it looks like.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments!