.....and other random stuff......

Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Miss Gilbert

As I was lying in bed last night, trying to think of something to write about, my mind wandered back to seventh grade English class.
Miss Gilbert.
I loved Miss Gilbert.
She was young.
She was funny.
AND she talked to us like we were her equals.
I also liked that she graded me more on content than actual grammar! (Good thing, I was/am terrible with grammar. And spelling, and syntax, and ….you get the idea.)
Anyway……
I got up to look through my files thinking it might be funny to post something I wrote when I was twelve.

And I found this!
Apparently the way to get a good grade was/is to write nice things about your teacher! LOL I don’t remember the ‘Dragon’ but I still remember Miss Gilbert. 


6 comments:

  1. she sounds like a great teacher!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahahahahahah! Your 12 year old self cracks me up. What parents were you talking about, I wonder? LOL! Really? You really think teachers are human?!?!?! This, that and the other rights. hhaaahaha. I can see Miss Gilbert laughing her ass off reading this. Enough is enough!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Why is it that pupils never like supply teachers ? Lol!
    I just new you were well organized.........keeping everything in 'files'.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, it does sound like you were "sucking up" a wee bit.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments!