.....and other random stuff......

Friday, April 29, 2016

Speaking of Predictions……..

I once worked with a woman who claimed she could see the future. I thought it was funny and often told her so. She would ‘hold court’ in the lounge and on her coffee breaks she’d tell people their futures.

I never participated of course, being a non-believer.
But one day we were all talking about the future and I said my usual, “I’m never going to get married and I’m DEFINITELY never going to have kids!”   
As I got up to go back into the office she said over her shoulder, “You’re going to have two sons.”

Hahahahahahaha!
How ridiculous! NO kids for me!
(Insert bemused emoticon here)

But the thing that baffles me is….she could see I was going to have two sons, she could tell everyone else their future but she couldn’t see that she was going to go to jail for ten years for embezzling funds from the union!

Seems to me if you’re going to predict the future you should make sure your own future is in order first…….

Just sayin’.

7 comments:

  1. I guess she hoped by knowing, she could sidestep the jail part?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just went to my local fortune teller. Sign on the door said "CLOSED DUE TO UNFORESEEN CIRCUMSTANCES"...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't think we can see our own future. Which is why she couldn't see what would happen so she could make better choices or figure a way not to get caught. (-;

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yep. She should see to herself first.

    ReplyDelete
  5. maybe she only saw herself as being very rich!!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments!