.....and other random stuff......

Tuesday, June 28, 2016

Conflict of Interest

My muse and I often have totally different Ideas of what needs to be done.

Case in point: I want to keep adding to the ‘series’ of blind/half blind watercolor faces I’ve been working on.
To that end I sat down and started drawing faces in my journal but……they weren’t working.
They didn’t have that ‘wonky’ quality I was looking for. 
And the more I drew the less wonky they were!

Kinda’ brings to mind that saying “You have to kiss a lot of frogs before you find a Prince’.  
I guess you have to draw a lot of faces before you get one that works! LOL

My easel…..is still waiting……lol

7 comments:

  1. Maybe you are getting too good at your art and the simpler wonkier faces harder to do now?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure you'll meet your Prince ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, I think they're all very good - Wonky has to be ditched now, don't try to find it Robin, you're on a roll :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. No need for Princes!

    People don't have perfect faces, only Barbie-dolls do :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Maybe time to mix things up a bit? What if you drew your faces with your non-dominant hand?

    ReplyDelete
  6. there are so many of these that i really, really like!! keep at it!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, very recognizable .... I've tried for ages to draw wonky faces until I found a way by just drawing all in one line. But after a while (with practice) you get better at it and the wonky-ness disappears again.... Drawing with your non-dominant hand could help I think.... Although I can see quite a few with a wonky quality ;-)

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments!