.....and other random stuff......

Tuesday, September 22, 2020

The Reading Fairy

When I was little I was jealous of BigBro.

HE got to go to school!

He knew how to read!

HE got to carry big important looking books!

HE got to have homework! I thought it was all so cool! (What can I say? I was uninformed! LOL)

So on my first day of ‘real’ school I was so excited!

I was going to learn to READ!

The problem was…..someone told me there was a magic reading fairy (not saying who……BigBro) who waved a wand over your head and ‘poof’ you knew how to read!

No one told me you had to PRACTICE reading! What was all this phonetic stuff?

Where was the magic wand?

I still remember coming home that first day and feeling sooooo disappointed and betrayed! 





2 comments:

  1. I feel your pain. With the way current events are going, where's the handbasket that was promised? 😺

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments!