.....and other random stuff......

Friday, September 26, 2014

Art Abandonment

Have you ever heard of Art Abandonment?
It’s a growing group of artist around the world who leave small (and sometimes not so small) pieces of their art to be found by random people.
I’ve been doing this for years (never knowing the outcome.)
But they have a blog and a Facebook page about it where you share when and where you’ve left your art and if so inclined the finder can post about finding it.
I gave a few of my ‘faces’ to Son2 to scatter around the St. Pete area.



Here’s hoping the finders are pleased!!! 

7 comments:

  1. If they figure they are for the taking, I'm sure they'll be pleased with them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely idea. Perhaps there should be a little sticker which says 'take me home' too. I'd be too shy to just take it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes,I'm part of that group on fb too.... never heard yet about who picked up my art though. Your 'faces' are sure to be picked up, here's hoping you find out who keeps them :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cool Beans. I've heard of Guerilla Art…which is the same but I've not done it yet. Son2 was telling me about certain days they do that here. Did I miss it?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, what a charming idea!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good idea! Here we have 'wild knitting' which is knitting sweaters around tree trunks and fences etc.
    'Police not welcome' is a very funny detail :)

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments!