.....and other random stuff......

Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Sometimes I Worry I Won’t Have Anything More To Write About

But I shouldn’t...…
Because just when I think I can’t remember any more childhood stories….
Or that nothing ever happens around here that is interesting…….
I go and do something so incredibly stupid or unbelievable and…..
POW
There’s the blog nugget for the next day!

I bought an exercise bike.
It’s a spin bike.
This means you lean over the handlebars when you ride.
Okay, I can get used to that.
I’ve adjusted and feebed (it is SO a word!) around with it to get it just right.

So there I am peddling away, and finding out how really out of shape I’ve allowed myself to get…….
I’m getting achy leaning over the handlebars so I let go and sit upright and as I do I feel an unusual POP in my………tail bone.
Yup….only I could injure my coccyx sitting on a stationary bike!
It’s not like I even  fell off the damn thing!
I was just SITTING!

Lesson learned: No good intention goes unpunished! I’m trying to get healthier and this is the thanks I get!!!!
Although…….looking for the silver lining……it hurts to sit so I’m standing and moving around more, and that will burn more calories!

Right?

Say right!!!!
I WILL ride again!

6 comments:

  1. Right! (hope your back is better soon).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ouch! I have a list of injuries caused by exercise. Ankles, knees, elbows, wrists...all hurt during exercise. I swear trying to stay healthy is going to kill me!

    I even hurt my tailbone once but I fell down some stairs and hit every one of them with my bottom! So I can relate to this injury. It's no fun at all!! Hang in there...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Only you! Hope you're feeling better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ouch! Yes, with incidents like this you'll keep having stuff to write about! Maybe it's our age but my sister (and this might make you feel a tad better) hurt her knee. How you ask? Well, by sitting on a stool for about six hours going through old papers! She got off the stool and her knee started hurting! Who would have thought?

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments!