.....and other random stuff......

Tuesday, November 22, 2011

The Opposite of Sophistication


When I was fifteen, we moved back to New York.
I was thrilled. 
Moving to the most exciting city in the world was, well, exciting!
My parents looked for places to live in different areas, one of them being a high rise. 
This was exciting too. 
I had never lived anywhere except the ‘burbs in a single family house.
To live in an apartment building set my mind to racing! 
(I thought I was going to be so cool! LOL)
As it turned out my parents dismissed this choice when they found out I would have to take the subway to and from school each day.
My mother said, “No way! They’ll eat her alive!”
I was totally insulted!
So much for my sophisticated life!

3 comments:

  1. What a great story Robin, hope you enjoyed your time in NY. Love your painting, VERY sophisticated!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can only guess how excited you must have been, then how disappointed! Your piece of sophisticated art above in great, as is your King of the Jungle below.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Subways - tubes- not all they're cracked up to be!
    Found your blog through Dion and am now following xx

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments!