.....and other random stuff......

Saturday, May 11, 2013

I’m Having a Pity Party (care to join me?)


I don’t know if you already know this about me, but I don’t take failure well.
I think everything I do should come out perfectly the very first time I try it!
In my head I know better.
Emotionally, not so much.

And lately I’ve been going through a patch of ‘everything I touch is turning to s**t’!

My tree isn’t drying.
L
My idea for paper dolls isn’t working. 
L
My stuffies are turning out without character and are ‘blah’. 
L
Computer/Tablet are turning on me.
L (Okay, so that one maybe isn't really their fault so much as the fault of the program writers who don’t seem to realize what it is I want the Program/App to do! LOL)
I can’t figure out how to upload the video of my sketches. 
L
The stories I write come out dull and boring. 
L

Blah, blah blah, blah, blah…………….
Whine, whine, whine, whine, whine……..
What makes me think I’m so freakin’ special I shouldn’t have bad days?

This too shall pass, but for heaven’s sake I hope it’s soon!

This concludes the self pity portion of our show, now back to our regularly scheduled programming.

6 comments:

  1. This too, shall pass. Hang in there, dear, R.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It will get better Robin, go eat a huge bar of chocolate instead :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Recognize the feeling! I can recommend banana with bounty bar wrapped in aluminium foil, melted in the oven. You are wonderful, as are your stories and your art!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Everyone deserves a good whine. You're entitled. Then you pull up your big girl panties and move on.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yup - I have had many pity parties... it is good to know I am not the only one. Have some cake... watch some Mildred Pierce..... and MAKE MORE ART (things will get better - they always do!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Come on up and visit me! We can find all kinds of things to do to get you out of that funk!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments!