.....and other random stuff......

Sunday, June 19, 2011

It’s a Daddy’s Duty

I used to take great pains to settle the boys down for bedtime.

 I’d give them a nice warm bath, maybe read to them while they were in the tub, dry them off, and snuggle them into clean jammies.

As I was cleaning up the bathroom they would run into the living room where Daddy would rev them up.

He would tackle them, wrestle with them, and tickle them until they were in fits and squeals of laughter.

Then I would have to gather them up (pretending I was annoyed) and try and put them to bed.

As I was settling them into bed and finally quieting them down, Daddy would poke his head in the door and send them into gales of laughter all over again.

There must be a rule somewhere that only Daddies can see that states:

“Rule: You are OBLIGATED to stimulate the children right before bedtime.”

It’s a good rule.

1 comment:

I appreciate your comments!